2. Massachusetts is in a severe drought. Rain forecasted for today and tomorrow should help with brush fire situation. There was a 5 acre brush fire in Natick last week and Marlborough firefighters and firefighters from more than a dozen community and the Commonwealth have been on the scene of a fire in that city for 3 days.
3. Tomorrow is 2 weeks until the primary election in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. On the ballots are candidates for Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, Auditor, Treasurer, and state senators and state representatives.
Framingham will elect a new state representative on September 6. There are three Democrats on the Democratic ballot and there are no Republicans in the race so the vote on September 6 – the day after Labor Day – will determine who will be state representative for the 6th Middlesex District, barring a write-in challenge.
The League of Women Voters will hold its final forum for that race tonight at 7 in the Costin room at the main Framingham Public Library on Lexington Street.
Early voting for he race begins Saturday.
If you attend the forum tonight, check out the 5 paintings on display as part of the Framingham Public Library’s online art auction as part of its Noche de Fiesta project. Click here to bid on the art.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are remote unless noted)
- Framingham Community Development Committee at 7 p.m.
- City Council: Public Health, Safety & Transportation Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Community Preservation Committee at 7 p.m.
5. The Framingham Public Library will screen the film House of Gucci at 2 p.m. at the main Framingham Public Library. The R-rated film is about 2 hours and 30 minutes. The event is free.
BONUS: Framingham High athletes begin tryouts today for fall high school sports. Click here for tryout information.
Framingham High girls and boys cross-country teams are a no cut sport. They start practice today. Click here for more information.