By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State field hockey team defeated Eastern Connecticut State Tuesday evening in Little East action at the Maple Street field in Framingham.
With the win the Rams secure a spot in the LEC Tournament for the first time since 2009.
Final score was Framingham State 2, Eastern Connecticut 0
Rms improve to 9-7 overall and 5-6 in the LEC.
Eastern Connecticut falls to 6-10 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams scored about 12 minutes into the when Brandi Core finished off a setup by Corlene Guenard to jump up 1-0.
- The Rams scored an insurance goal in the 23rd minute when Natalia Roehr found the back of the cage off a pass from Kennedy St. Pierre.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams keeper Kaitlin Louglin made six stops in the shutout win for FSU.
- Sarah Gallagher made five stops in net for ECSU.
- The Warriors outshot the Rams by a slim 9-to-8 margin after the Rams did not allow a shot in the first quarter.
- The hosts also led 5-to-1 in penalty corners.
- The Rams close out the regular season when they host Fitchburg State on Friday evening as a part of Homecoming & Family weekend.
- Prior to the contest the Rams will recognize the four seniors playing in their final season: Corlene Guenard, Isabella Kondi, Bridgette Hasbrouck & Grace Thompson.