By Framingham State athletics
WESTON – The Framingham State field hockey team defeated Regis College 7-0 behind a hat-trick from junior Corlene Guenard in non-conference action Tuesday evening at Regis Stadium.
Framingham State is now 1-1 this season. Regis College drops to 0-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened up scoring at the 8-minute mark when Guenard scored her first of three goals in the game.
- A few minutes later Guenard scored again, this time being set up by Brandi Core to end the first quarter up 2-0.
- Core scored her first tally of the season early in the second with a assist from Kennedy St. Pierre.
- Bella Kondi and Abby Clark both tallied in the second to send the Rams to the break leading 5-0.
- Regis’s best chance to score came in the 33rd minute but Rams defender Cori Lawson earned the defensive save to keep the host off the board.
- Angelina Serra scored in the 51st minute with assists from Guenard and Kondi and Guenard finished off the hat-trick in the 55th minute to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sarai Velez turned away seven shots in net for the Pride.
- Angelina Barrett earned her first collegiate win in goal for the Rams.
- The Rams outshot the hosts by a 22-to-4 and help Regis without a shot in the first half. The Rams had 11 penalty corner opportunities to the Pride five.
The Rams return to the field on Thursday when they travel to Dean for non-conference action starting at 4 p.m.