By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University baseball team hit a pair of home runs and added three more extra base hits as the Rams defeated Fitchburg State University 8-4 Friday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Bowditch Field in Framingham
Framingham State improves to 5-14 in the Conference and 10-25 overall.
Fitchburg Falcons drops to 9-29 overall and 5-15 in the Conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board first with three in the bottom of the first inning. Ryan Boyle doubled then came around to score on an RBI single from Lucas Basile. Kennedy Wilson followed with a two run homer for the 3-0 lead.
- Boyle singled in the bottom of the third then cam around to score on a Basile triple to right center pushing the lead to 4-0.
- The Rams tacked on three more in the bottom of the fourth. Steven Burbank belted a two run home run to left and Boyle added an EBI single.
- The Falcons got on the board with three in the top of the sixth. After loading the bases with no outs, Zachary Morris delivered a two run single through the left side and Liam Goldstein followed with an RBI single cutting the deficit to 7-3.
- The Rams got a run back in the bottom of the frame on a sacrifice fly from Basile.
- An RBI from Wincent Eramo in the top of the seventh accounted for the final run of the game.
- Boyle and Kevin Girardin finished the game with three hits apiece for the Rams, while Basile collected a pair of hits and drove in three.
- Scott Nosky earned the win for the Rams going five innings allowing three earned runs on five hits with a strikeout. Teaghin Andre and Ryan Morry tossed four innings in releif allowing one run on three hits.
UP NEXT: The Rams and the Falcons close out the regular season Saturday with a pair of games in Fitchburg.