FRAMINGHAM – Framingham Public Schools is advertising for a vice principal at one of its three middle schools.
The public school district is advertising for a vice principal at its newest middle school – Fuller Middle School.
Fuller Middle School currently has two vice principals – Mike Stevens and Lisa Cogliandro.
The District did not state which vice principal is leaving.
The position assists Principal Kerry Wood in the day-to-day “building operations and building level initiatives in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.”
Applicants must have a current and valid DESE license in Principal/Assistant Principal grades 5-8 and SEI Endorsement for Administrators.
Applicants should have five years of teaching experience in a public school setting and at least three years of administrative experience. Said administrative experience shall include at minimum supervision and evaluation of staff and professional development work. Masters Degree in education preferred. Bilingual Portuguese skills recommended/preferred.
“Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in the administration and supervision of all programs in a school; excellent skill in oral and written communications; ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, support staff and associates. Flexibility will be essential. Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population. Bilingual (Portuguese and/or Spanish) skills preferred,” noted the job posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes the role of the Building Principal in his/her absence.
- Act as an instructional leader in conjunction with the Principal and the Department Heads including the supervision and evaluation of staff members.
- Coordinates the development of the Master Schedule and Master Calendar. Communicates to all stakeholders.
- Coordinates the testing of: MCAS, PARCC, ACCESS, AP, PSAT, PLAN.
- Oversees curriculum and assessment in relation to best teaching practices.
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates on-line learning classes and platforms.
- Evaluate program design; check for areas of improvement and effectiveness annually.
- Oversees and coordinates with the Building Principal and Director of Curriculum and Staff Development all FHS staff professional development.
- Chairs the FHS Data Team and leads the staff in discussions of the data analysis.
- Approves field trips and special assemblies.
- Maintain and or revise Student and Faculty Handbook.
- Work with the entire staff, parents, and students to promote a positive school climate that enhances morale, academic achievement, and school identification.
- Assignment and coordination of substitute teachers.
- Perform other duties as directed by the building principal, including assists in the supervision and evaluation of Teachers, Aides, and Assistant Teachers per the Principal’s direction.
The individual is part of the Framingham Administrators Association (Unit B) Contract.
Framingham Administrators Association (FAA) Contract.
The salary is listed at $104,980 annually.