1 Senate President Karen Spilka announced she had a “mild stroke” in November but that she is doing fine.
2. Tonight is the final City Council meeting of the year and the last City Council meeting for out-going Councilors Maragreth Shepard (District 7) and Robert Case (District 5), both of whom chose not to seek re-election for another 2-year term.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham Retirement Board at 10 a.m.
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m. in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building.
4. According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today, but she has requested time to speak before the City Council tonight.
The Mayor hardly ever attended City Council meetings during her 4-year term, sending her COO Thatcher Kezer III instead to give the Mayor’s report, but wanted to give farewell remarks to the 11-member City Council.
5. FLYERS in action:
- Framingham High boys swim & dive coming off a victory this weekend will travel to WPI for a meet against St. John’s at 7:45 p.m.