1 Today is the 80th anniversary on the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Framingham Assistant Veterans Affairs Officer Peter Harvell believes the only living World War II Veteran in the City of Framingham is George Yaeger.
Yaeger served with the military police. He was an “electric cowboy” said Harvell, who explained they wore a patch with a Letter C with a lightning bolt.
Yeager is a a member of the Sudbury VFW post.
2. The battle for the District 3 City Council seat continues today, as a Middlesex Superior Court Judge Chris Barry-Smith said he will issue a ruling today on four “questionable” ballots by noon.
District 3 City Councilor Adam Steiner sued the City of Framingham to challenge a tie vote after a recount. He wants the judge to say the two votes for challenger Mary Kate Feeney during the recount should be blanks and that he won the election by 2 votes.
“Court issue a temporary restraining order and/or injunction, ordering that no special election be held until judicial review of the ballots and materials listed,” wrote his attorney.
Feeney filed for a recount. On Tuesday, November 16 a recount was held and Feeney picked up 2 votes, making it a virtual tie at 997 votes each.
City Clerk Ferguson said the tie meant there was a “failure to elect.” She said that would be the official city election result “until a court decides otherwise.”
Steiner filed a suit last Tuesday against the City of Framingham Clerk Lisa Ferguson and the City of Framingham Board of Registrars, appointed by the Mayor.
His attorney is asking for two votes awarded to Feeney during the recount be declared blanks and for a judge to declare Steiner the winner of the election.
Steiner’s attorney is also seeking to stop a special election scheduled by the City Council for Tuesday, December 28 to break the tie.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m. in the Blumer room at the Memorial Building and virtually.
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7:30 p.m. virtually
4. According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today. She will give a farewell address on December 16. Her last official day is December 31.
5. The Framingham Public Library is holding workshops this week in its SparkLab to teach individuals how to create reusable gift bags from fabric. Sign up for one of the free workshops.