By Framingham State athletics
WENHAM – The Gordon College women’s soccer team scored three first-half goals en route to a 4-0 non-conference victory over Framingham State Wednesday evening, September 22, in Wenham.
Gordon College improves to 5-1
Framingham State drops to 2-5-1 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Scots broke through early in the contest when Calla Ashley (Lancaster, PA) converted an Allie Larue (Graham, WA) setup into the game’s first goal.
- The host scored two more goals in quick succession midway through the first half. In the 18th minute Taylor Talesnick (Maitland, FL) scored off an Ashley assist and then in the 21st minute Shelby Jones (Greenville, NC) got in on the action.
- Gordon scored again in the 71st minute when McKenna Feller (Puyallup, WA) scored an unassisted tally to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams goalie Sarah Lustic (Sandwhich, Mass.) saved three shots on net in the setback.
- Gordon goalkeepers Karinne Walther (Broomfield, CO) and Tori Paine (Northbridge, Mass) made a combined three saves in the shutout victory.
- Gordon paced play owning the shot advantage 17-to-3 and corner kick attempts 5-to-0.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field on Saturday when they host Bridgewater State in MASCAC action at Maple Street Field starting at 1 p.m.