UPDATED: Firefighters Extinguish Mindess Roof Fire; School Open Wednesday

Share, email, print, bookmark SOURCE reports.

ASHLAND – Firefighters responded to 90 Concord Street for a report of heavy smoke and potential fire at the Mindess School on Tuesday night, January 12.

Scanner had a rooftop unit malfunctioning and on fire.

“The motor was part of an exhaust fan. Smoke was sucked into a bathroom in the school which alerted the custodians and the fire alarm system. The only damage was to the fan motor which can be replaced,” according to the school district.

Ashland Fire and Police were both on scene as well as some aid from other towns.

“Our fire department found the source and extinguished it within minutes.  All is well. A big thank you to the fire department and our custodians. School is open. We will welcome our Cohort B friends on Thursday,” said the school Wednesday morning just before 6 a.m.

editor

email: editor@FraminghamSource.com call or text at 508-315-7176

Translate »