By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State men’s ice hockey team opened up their 2022-23 season with a 4-2 win over Southern New Hampshire in non-conference action Saturday evening at Loring Arena.
It was the home and season opener for the Rams who are now 1-0.
Southern New Hampshire falls to 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams scored their first goal of the season halfway through the first period when Ashton Collazo cleaned up Johnny Baker’s rebound to take a 1-0 advantage.
- The Rams scored on the power play early in the second when Devante Dixon found the back of the cage on a slap shot through traffic to go up 2-0.
- The Rams went up 3-0 late in the second when Cam Lindsay snuck a wrist shot inside left post to take a 3-0 lead to the second intermission.
- The Penmen got on the board six minutes into the third when Alex Muthersbagh slapped a shot over Blake Carlson’s glove to cut into the Rams lead.
- The visitors scored again a few minute later to make it a one goal game when Tim Usalis converted on a pass from Brendan Lynch.
- The Rams answered with just over three minutes to go when Dylan Marty sent a slap shot inside the right post off the faceoff win by Collazo.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Carlson made 39 stops in the win for the Rams.
- Nathan Loisel turned away 33 shots in goal for the Penman.
- Southern New Hampshire held the advantage in total shots on net 41-to-37.
- The Rams finished the day 1-for-8 on the power play while the Penman couldn’t convert on their five chances.
- Muthersbagh and Usalis finished with goal for SNHU.
- Collazo led the Rams with two points on a goal and an assist.
The Rams will return to the ice on Thursday, November 3rd ,when they open up MASCAC play at Salem State at 7p.m.