By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – Four different Framingham State soccer players scored en route to a 5-0 win over Fitchburg State in MASCAC action on senior day at Maple Street Field.
Prior to the contest the Rams honored the seniors playing in their final season for the Rams: Jake Hartshorn, Bryce Nardizzi, Sherak Ayamga, Jared Nardizzi & Brian Sullivan.
Framingham State finishes the regular season 11-5-2 and was 6-0-1 in the MASCAC.
Fitchburg State finishes the regular season at 1-14-1
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened up scoring in the first minute when Jeffson Malachie scored off an assist from Jared Nardizzi.
- Bryce Nardizzi scored a few minutes later to push the lead to 2-0.
- Midway through the first Gabriel Padilla scored with an assist from Malachie.
- Richard Nunes and Bryce Nardizzi scored late in the first half to reach the 5-0 halftime score.
- Fitchburg had a good chance early in the second half when the Rams keeper crashed the breakaway but Gabriel Teixeira’s shot went wide.
- Neither team scored in the second half to reach the final 5-0 margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Collin Robson made one save in the first half before giving way Anthony Divoll who made two stops in net for the Falcons.
- Jake Hartshorn made two saves in the first half before Joseph Sturzo made five saves in the second half.
- The Rams outshot the Falcons 18-to-12 and took five corners to the Fitchburg two.
The Rams will return to action when they host a MASCAC semifinal on Friday November 4.
The Falcons did not qualify for post season play, so this was their final game of the season.