By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University baseball team were defeated 1-0 by Worcester State University Friday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Bowditch Field in Framingham.
With the win, Framingham State improves to 8-3 in the Conference and 14-11 overall.
Framingham State drops to 9-17 overall and 4-7 in the Conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Framingham’s Scott Nosky Worcester’s Kevin Zarnoch Jr. were locked in a scoreless pitcher’s duel with each allowing just one hit through the first three scoreless innings.
- The Lancers broke the 0-0 standstill with what proved to be the winning run on an RBI single from Sean Dutton in the top of the fourth inning.
- Worcester State had an opportunity to advance their lead in the top of the sixth with runners on second and third and no outs. Nosky was able to record back-to-back strikeouts looking and then after a walk secured the final out of the inning with another strikeout.
- Zarnoch Jr. went nine scoreless innings for the Lancers allowing three hits with one walk and 10 strikeouts.
- Nosky took the loss for the Rams going six innings allowing one earned run on four hits with 10 strikeouts.
- Aidan Abernathy and Teaghin Andre combined for three innings of scoreless relief allowing a hit apiece with two strikeouts each.
- Kennedy Wilson finished the game with a pair of hits for the Rams.
UP NEXT:The Rams and the Lancers are back in action Saturday when they play a doubleheader at Worcester State beginning at noon.