1 There will be school today for Framingham Public School students said Framingham Superintendent Bob Tremblay to SOURCE around 8 p.m. Sunday.
Superintendent Tremblay said Framingham’s sidewalks are about 80% complete and he intends for school to happen on Monday.
He asks that families be careful at the bus stops, remind drivers to be careful of students behind mountains of snow at the bus stops and to be patient with DPW who have been working since early Saturday morning getting the roads, and now the sidewalks plowed.
‘They have been working tirelessly to prioritize sidewalks that are near schools.” he told SOURCE Sunday night.
The City of Framingham does not plow all the sidewalks, just the major ones and the ones near schools.
Here is a map of those sidewalks.Sidewalk-Plowing-Map-Zones-36×36-1
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS (all are remote unless noted):
- MWRTA Advisory Board at 11 a.m.
- School Committee: Rules & Administration at 4:30 p.m.
- City Council: Environment & Sustainability Subcommittee at 6:30 p.m.
- Framingham Public Library Foundation at 7 p.m.
- MetroWest Commission on the Status of Women at 7 p.m.
- SIFOC at 7 p.m.
4. FLYERS in action:
- Boys varsity basketball hosts Wellesley at 6:30 p.m.
- Girls hockey at Natick at 7:40 p.m.