By Framingham State athletics
PLYMOUTH, NEW HAMPSHIRE – The Plymouth State ice hockey team scored four third period goals en route to a 4-0 MASCAC win over Framingham State Thursday evening in Plymouth.
With the win, Plymouth State improves to 6-1-1 overall.
With the loss, Framingham State remains winless in the Conference at 0-6 and is 1-9 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The two teams skated to a scoreless first two periods despite the host Panthers having multiple power play opportunities and outshooting the Rams 49-to-9 in the first two frames.
- The hosts broke the deadlock in the 4th minute of the third when Myles Abbate converted with help from Peter Laviolette and Colin Stevens.
- A couple moments later Abbate and Stevens teamed up again this time with Simon Besner getting in on the action.
- In the ninth minute Jarrett Slear made it a three goal game and less than two minutes later Jeromey Rancourt scored the final tally of the contest to reach the 4-0 margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Trevor Stenberg made an impressive 72 saves in the loss for the Rams while Ben Parker made 14 saves in the shutout for the Panthers.
- The Rams were 0-for-1 on the power play while the host Panthers were 2-for-9 on the man-advantage.
- Plymouth outshot the Rams 76-to-14 in the contest.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the ice after the New Year when they host Johnson & Wales on Tuesday, January 4 at 8:20 p.m. at Loring Arena.