By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University volleyball team picked up a 3-0 victory Thursday evening over Bay Path College in non-conference action at the Athletic Center.
The win improves the Rams to 9-11 overall.
Bay Path drops to 5-12.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams took the match in straight sets by scores of 25-8, 25-23 and 25-17.
- The Rams were led on the attack by 12 kills from freshman Valerie Sullivan (Buffalo, NY) and nine from sophomore Hailey Sanders (Franklin) who also added two digs and two blocks.
- Senior Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) added eight kills and nine digs on the night.
- Freshman Hayley Gaskin (North Attleboro) added 32 set assists and five digs, while classmate Isabel Henwood (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico) added eight digs in the match.
- The Wildcats were paced by 11 kills and 10 digs from Zyiasia Knighton, while Lydia Clifford chipped in with eight kills, seven digs and eight assists.
- Lilly Kibbe tallied 12 defensive digs to lead the back row effort, while Joanna Bampi added 10.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Friday night when they travel to Fitchburg State for a tri-match beginning at 4 p.m., while Bay Path travels to Fisher on Saturday at 11 a.m.