By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The host New England College field hockey team defeated Framingham State in non-conference action Thursday evening at Don Melander Field in New Hampshire.
With the win New England College improves to 10-5.
Framingham State is now 4-8 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Pilgrims jumped out to an early 1-0 lead when Kacie Weston (Henniker, NH) scored off a Drea Chin (Laconia, NH) pass just 52 ticks into the game.
- The hosts registered an insurance goal in the 39th minute when Aviara Chaillnor (Jefferson, NH) scored off another helper from Chin.
- NEC scored twice more in the 4th quarter with Chin in the middle of it again. In the 51st minute Chin setup Giulian Kevlin (Laconia, NH) then about 90 second later Chin scored her first goal of the game off an assist from Annalisa Crooks (Nantucket, Mass.).
- The hosts outshot the Rams 28-to-1 in the contest and were awarded nine corners to the Rams two.
- The Rams Kaitlin Loughlin (Ashland) registered the lone shot on the night for FSU.
- Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) made 13 saves in the loss for the Rams while Ellie Philben (Havre de Grace, MD) earned the shutout for the hosts.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field on Saturday evening when they host Keene State in Little East action at 7pm. Prior to the contest the Rams will honor their four seniors playing in their final season.