By Framingham State athletics
WESTON – The Framingham State University women’s track and field team took the top spot in multiple events Saturday afternoon as the Rams finished second at the Pre-Conference meet hosted by Regis College.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams took the second spot with 132 points with the host Pride taking the top spot with 209 points.
- Kaylee Beck took the top spot in two events as she won the hammer throw with a toss of 38.44 meters and the shot put with a toss of 10.32 meters
- Alyssa Caputo took the top spot in the discus with a throw of 33.27 meters and she finished seventh in the hammer throw at 30.74 meters
- Emily Newcomb once again took the top spot in the 3,000 meters steeplechase with a time of 12:22.85, while Hannah Nilson finished fourth in the event at 15:45.
- Meghan Johnston took the top spot in the 1,500m run with a time of 5:27.82, while Camille Carvalho and Ashley Fenton finished third and fifth.
- Elizabeth Dykstra took the top spot in the 400 meters hurdles at 1:19, while Becca Morris placed second at 1:22.
- The Rams 4×400 relay team of Leah Chace, Ashley Fenton, Brook Fenton and Kelsey Gendreau took the top spot with a time of 4:40.99.
- Casey McAuliffe finished second in the 5,000 meters run with a time of 19:17.21, while Olivia Poole crossed fourth at 20:06.22.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Saturday, April 29, at the 2023 MASCAC Championships hosted by Fitchburg State.