By Framingham State athletics
BRIDGEWATER – The Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team was defeated 16-13 by Bridgewater State University Saturday evening in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Swenson Field.
Bridgewater improves to 7-7 overall and 3-2 in the MASCAC.
Framingham State falls to 8-6 overall and suffers their first loss in the Conference.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Bears jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first quarter before the Rams scored three straight taking a 3-2. The two teams would trade goals before the Bears scored the final three of the quarter to lead 6-4 after one.
- The Rams received goals from Molly Lanier and Leah Green tying the game 6-6 with just under five to play in the second. The Bears answered with two straight before Hannah Guerin pulled the Rams back within one at the half, 8-7.
- Tied 9-9 just over five minutes into the third quarter, the Bears scored three straight taking a 12-9 lead with just over three to play in the quarter. Hailey Baker converted a free position shot to pull the Rams to within two after three, 12-10.
- Bridgewater pushed their lead to five in the fourth quarter, 16-11. Guerin found the back of the net twice in the final two minutes to reach the final margin.
- Guerin finished the game with four goals for the Rams, while Regan Fein finished with two goals and two helpers.
- Alexis Burleigh took the loss in net but made 19 saves.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Tuesday when they host Worcester State at 7 p.m.