Brophy Elementary Advertising For Vice Principal
FRAMINGHAM – Brophy Elementary School is advertising for an vice principal..
The position was posted on February 8.
It is the second of the nine elementary schools to post for a vice principal this month.
The position would “assist the principal in the day-to-day building operations and building-level initiatives in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.”
The salary is posted as $105,521.90 annually.
Applicants should have a current and valid DESE license in Principal/Assistant Principal grades 1-6 and SEI Endorsement for Administrators. Please note that licensure requirements are subject to change at the discretion of DESE.
Applicants should have 5 years of teaching experience in a public school setting and at least three years of administrative experience. Said administrative experience shall include at a minimum supervision and evaluation of staff and professional development work.
Master’s Degree in education is preferred.
Bilingual (Portuguese) skills preferred.
Applicants hsould have knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in the administration and supervision of all programs in a school; excellent skill in oral and written communications; ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, support staff and associates. Flexibility will be essential. Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population. Bilingual (Portuguese) skills preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ASSIST THE PRINCIPAL IN:
Development of Educational Programming:
- Developing, determining the appropriateness, implementing, and monitoring the instructional program.
- Revising, implementing, and evaluating curriculum.
- Participating on school-wide and district-wide committees for the advancement of the educational program.
- Monitors and interacts with students and their families regarding academic, social, and emotional issues.
- Developing and administering policies on student behavior and assisting teachers with serious discipline problems.
- Participating in the team evaluation process.
- Coordinate student activity programs, field trips, and other school activities as necessary.
- Supervising, directing, and evaluating staff members.
- Coordinating staff development activities.
- Participating with staff in school problem-solving issues.
- Developing schedules for various ancillary staff serving the school.
- Preparing the preparation of reports, records, and lists appropriate to the school’s administration.
- Interpreting and enforcing district and school policies and administrative regulations.
- Overseeing the development and administration of the school safety plan.
- Assist in the administration of state and district required testing.
- Represent the principal in his/her absence.
The Assistant Principal would assist in the supervision and evaluation of Teachers, Aides, and Assistant Teachers per the Principal’s direction.
This position is classified as Exempt (Professional).