Harmony Grove Elementary Advertising For Vice Principal
FRAMINGHAM – Harmony Grove Elementary School is advertising for a vice principal for the 2023-24 school year.
The job was posted earlier this month.
The position will “assist the principal in the day-to-day building operations and building-level initiatives in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.”
Harmony Grove Elementary is an IB school. The Principal of the K-5 school is Juliana Beaton-Kessler.
The salary was posted as $107,632.33 annually.
Applicants should have a current and valid DESE license in Principal/Assistant Principal grades 1-6 and SEI Endorsement for Administrators.
Applicants should have 5 years of teaching experience in a public school setting and at least three years of administrative experience. Said administrative experience shall include at a minimum supervision and evaluation of staff and professional development work.
Master’s Degree in education is preferred.
Bilingual (Portuguese) skills preferred.
Framingham Public Schools seeks candidates whose background, teaching, or service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of education. Also, we are interested in candidates who will bring to their professional practice the perspective that comes from a non-traditional educational background or an understanding of the experiences of those underrepresented in the educational field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ASSIST THE PRINCIPAL IN:
Development of Educational Programming:
- Developing, determining the appropriateness, implementing, and monitoring the instructional program.
- Revising, implementing, and evaluating curriculum.
- Participating on school-wide and district-wide committees for the advancement of the educational program.
- Monitors and interacts with students and their families regarding academic, social, and emotional issues.
- Developing and administering policies on student behavior and assisting teachers with serious discipline problems.
- Participating in the team evaluation process.
- Coordinate student activity programs, field trips, and other school activities as necessary.
- Supervising, directing, and evaluating staff members.
- Coordinating staff development activities.
- Participating with staff in school problem-solving issues.
- Developing schedules for various ancillary staff serving the school.
- Preparing the preparation of reports, records, and lists appropriate to the school’s administration.
- Interpreting and enforcing district and school policies and administrative regulations.
- Overseeing the development and administration of the school safety plan.
- Assist in the administration of state and district required testing.
- Represent the principal in his/her absence.
The position assists in the supervision and evaluation of Teachers, Aides, and Assistant Teachers per the Principal’s direction.
This position is classified as Exempt (Professional).
The number of worked days is specified under the provisions of the Framingham Administrators Association (FAA) contract.
Framingham Administrators Association contract can be assessed here.