FRAMINGHAM – Counterfeit bills were passed at a check-cashing outlet in Framingham, earlier this month.
The incident was reported at Made in Brazil Express at 167 Concord Street in Framingham on December 21 at 11:32 a.m.
Framingham Police spokesperson said $160 in “counterfeit bills were passed.”
Lt. Rachel Mickens said it is ‘Unknown exactly when they were passed.”
No other information was released as it is under investigation.
Framingham Police have no suspect information at this time.
The United States Secret Service recommends if you receive a counterfeit:
- Do not return it to the passer.
- Delay the passer if possible.
- Observe the passer’s description.
- Contact your local police department or United States Secret Service field office. These numbers can be found on the inside front page of your local telephone directory.
- Write your initials and the date in the white border areas of the suspect note.
- Limit the handling of the note. Carefully place it in a protective covering, such as an envelope.
- Surrender the note or coin only to a properly identified police officer or a U.S. Secret Service special agent.