By Framingham State athletics
SHELTON, CONNECTICUT – The Post University men’s ice hockey team jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead en route to a 6-2 win over Framingham State in non-conference action Tuesday evening.
Framingham State is now 2-2-1.
Post improves to 2-2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The hosts scored three times in the opening ten minutes, twice on the powerplay to build the early lead. Patrick Murphy scoring in the 3rd minute followed by a 6th minute goal by Connor Barter, also on the man-advanteage.
- Jacob Howell scored right around the midway marker to push the lead to 3-0.
- The Rams answered with a Dylan Marty goal in the 15th minute of play to head to the first intermission trailing 3-1.
- Niko Grollman scored the lone goal of the second again on the powerplay for the Eagles.
- Barter extened the Post lead to 5-1 early in the 3rd before Johnny Baker found the back of the net four minutes into the third to cut the Eagles lead to four. Nick Weber scored Post’s final goal to cap the scoring for the evening.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Drew Blodgett made 23 saves in the win for Post.
- Trevor Stenberg made 36 saves on the evening for the Rams.
- Post made the penalties hurt for the Rams converting on 3-of-6 power play opportunities while the Rams were 0-for-4 on the man advantage.
The Rams will return to the ice on Thursday evening when they travel to Worcester State for a MASCAC at 7 p.m.