By Framingham State athletics
QUINCY – The Framingham State women’s basketball team tied the program record of 102 points in a single game as the Rams cruised to a 102-74 win over Eastern Nazarene in non-conference action Tuesday evening at the Lahue Athletic Center in Quincy.
The Rams improve to 2-0 on the season.
Eastern Nazarene drops to 0-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams who never trailed in the contest, jumped out to an early 10-4 lead on a Katherine Haselton basket early in the first quarter. The Rams would hold a 48-39 lead coming out of the half and the Lions would score the first five points of the third quarter to cut their deficit to 48-44. The Rams countered and rattled off a 16–to-2 run featuring twelve points from Katty Haidul to push their lead to 64-46.
- The Rams would push their lead to as much as 32 on a Regan Fein layup with 2:20 to play. Calen Frongillo hit a layup with about a minute to play to match the Rams record tying 102nd point.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Framingham State received 64 points from the duo of juniors Katty Haidul and Flannery O’Connor, both of who earned double-doubles on the evening. Haidul scored a career-high 36 points shooting 14-of-20 from the floor and picking up 17 rebounds. O’Connor scored 28 points with 16 rebounds.
- Haselton added 13 points with a block and three assists and Gwendolyn Carpenter chipped in eight points with seven boards, seven assists, three steals and a block.
- Delaney Walker scored 22 points for Eastern Naz while Alondra Jimenez added 19 points.
- The Rams shot 56% from the floor and 43% from beyond the arc. The Lions shot 42% from the field and 33% from long range.
- The Rams dominated on the glass out rebounding the hosts 51-to-23 and cashed in with 23 second chance points to just six for Eastern Naz.
The Rams will return to the court on Friday evening when they play Bowdoin College as part of the Bowdoin Invitational scheduled for 5:30 p.m.