1 The Framingham State University & Framingham Public Library’s Lifelong Learning Lecture Series continues tonight at 7 at the main Framingham Public Library. Framingham State University Associate Professor in History Maria Bollettino will examine Africans’ experiences of the trans-Atlantic and intra-American slave trades, from their initial capture in Africa to their final sale in the Americas, and how the routes of the trade helped to shape the African diaspora in the Atlantic world.
3. OTHER CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings (remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham School Committee: Policy Subcommittee at 4:30 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Ordinance & Rules Subcommittee has been cancelled
- Framingham Human Relations Commission at 7 p.m.
4. FLYERS IN ACTION:
- Framingham girls soccer team will host Natick at 3:45 p.m. at the Fuller Middle turf field.
- Boys soccer travels to Natick for a 3:45 p.m. game
- Natick vs Framingham golf scheduled for today has been postponed due to the forecast.
5. Happy 247th birthday to the U.S. Navy.
The United States Navy was originally established as the Continental Navy on October 13 1775, when the Continental Congress authorized the procurement, fitting out, manning, and dispatch of two armed vessels to cruise in search of munitions ships supplying the British Army in America. The legislation also established a Naval Committee to supervise the work.