FRAMINGHAM – – The Framingham State University volleyball team was defeated 3-1 by the MCLA Trailblazers in a hard-fought match Friday evening in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at the Logan Gymnasium on the campus of Framingham State.
MCLA 3, Framingham State 1
The game scores are 25-15, 25-20, 24-26, 25-22
Framingham State is now 10-5, 2-1 MASCAC.
MCLA is now 9-3, 3-0 MASCAC.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
· The Trailblazers took the first two sets which were closely contested 25-15 and 25-20.
· The Rams rallied from a deficit in the third set to take a 23-20 lead, but the Trailblazers countered with three straight tying the match at 23-23. After trading points, the Rams closed the set with a kill from Hailey Sanders and an error from MCLA taking the frame 26-24.
· In the fourth, the set was tied 7-7 before the Trailblazers used a 7-1 run taking a 14-8 lead. The Rams countered with a run of their own pulling within one, 21-20, and eventually took a 22-21 lead on a kill. MCLA rattled off the final four points of the match capping the victory on a service ace from Chloie Garber.
· Szymanski paced the Rams in the match with 22 kills to go along with 13 digs, while Sanders finished the match with 14 kills, three digs and a block.
· Emily Flaherty led the back row with 15 defensive digs, while Isabel Henwood finished with 16 assists, 13 digs and two aces.
· Malia Shields chipped in with 11 digs, while Stella Bailey finished with 17 assists.
· The Trailblazers were led on the attack by 18 kills, 17 digs and three aces from Garber, while Anais Badio added 12 kills and 11 digs with four aces.
· Ellie Walter-Goodspeed chipped in 17 digs, while Elizabeth Brown finished with 19 digs and 11 kills in the match.
The Rams are back in action tomorrow when they travel to Wheaton for a tri-match beginning at 1 p.m., the Trailblazers are also back in action tomorrow with a pair of matches at Skidmore.