By Framingham State athletics.
WORCESTER- The Framingham State women’s soccer team was defeated on the road at Clark University Monday evening in non-conference action at Granger Field in Worcester.
Clark University 5, Framingham State 0
Framingham State is still seeking its first win of the season and is 0-9.
Clark University is 3-4 now.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Cougars opened scoring in the 28th minute when Siobhan Lounsbury scored off a helper from Jayme Brown.
- The host tallied just before half on a Isabella Ramirez goal in the 42nd minute.
- Clark opened up the second half with a Jamie Stern goal in the 47th minute to extend their lead to three. Cassidy Hubbard and Cassandra Trevino scored goals later in the frame to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Anabella White earned the win in net for the Cougars
- Framingham State netminder Jetta Oskirko started in net making one save in just over two minutes of work but gave way to Calen Frongillo who made seven stops in just under 88 minutes.
- The Cougars controlled the offense for most of the game as they outshot the Ram 32-to-1 and held the 6-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- The Rams will travel to Salem State for MASCAC action on Saturday, October 1 at 1 p.m.