By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State men’s soccer team defeated Bridgewater State by a score of 3-0 in MASCAC play Saturday afternoon in Framingham.
Framingham State improves to 4-3-1 and 2-0 MASCAC.
Bears of Bridgewater State now 1-5-1 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board early in regulation. In the 9th minute, Bryce Nardizzi finished off a pass from Kunphel Sinha to go up 1-0.
- Just over a minute later Jared Nardizzi sent in a indirect kick from about 30 yards that was headed in by Michael Champagne.
- The Bears had a great look in the 66th minute when Robson Montraond tried to bent one inside the left post that was saved by Rams keeper Jake Hartshorn diving and deflecting the shot out of danger.
- The Rams scored their third goal of the game when a foul in the box set up a penalty shot that was converted by Gabriel Padilla.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hartshorn made eight stops in the win for the Rams.
- William Russell made five saves in the loss for the Bears.
- The Rams held the advantage in shots 16-to-15 while the Bears led in corner kick attempts 12-to-5.
The Bears host Roger Williams on Tuesday, September 27 at 3:30 p.m.
The Rams will host Springfield on the same evening at 7p.m.