By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University women’s soccer team was defeated 5-0 this afternoon by Westfield State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Maple Street Field.
Framingham State is still seeking its first win of the season and is 0-6 and is 0-1 in the Conference.
Westfield State is now 4-1-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Owls broke a 0-0 deadlock with a pair of goals in the final five minutes of the first half. In the 41st minute Jenn Rennich broke away pulling the keeper off the line and placed a shot inside the post for the game’s first goal.
- Two minutes later Grace McDermott sent a pass ahead to Delaney Parker who made a move and lofted a shot into the net for a 2-0 lead for the Owls.
- The Rams had a chance in the opening minutes of the second half as Grayson Tellier took a thru ball behind the Owls defense, but her shot rolled just wide of the net.
- The Owls extended the lead to 3-0 in the 64th minute when Rennich found the back of the net for her second of the game off a feed from Vicky Marin.
- Rennich finished off the hat trick with just over nine minutes left in the game. Livie Crooks sent the ball ahead to Rennich who got behind the keeper and converted it into the empty net for the 4-0 lead.
- Jaida Cochran capped the scoring in the game when she converted a free kick from 25-yards out with under a minute remaining in the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Owls received three goals from Rennich, while Cochran and Parker each found the back of the net once.
- Jetta Oskirko started in net for the Rams and made 11 stops, while Eliana Klein had two saves in relief.
- The Owls held a 32-2 edge in shots for the game with Lauryn Davis, Julia Robak and Sarah Fuller combining for the shutout.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday when they host Wellesley College at 4:30 p.m., while the Owls host Eastern Connecticut on Wednesday at 7 p.m.