VERMONT – Castleton’s Emily Harris scored 4 times en route to a 9-0 win over Framingham State in Little East Field Hockey action Saturday evening at Dave Wolk Stadium in Castleton Vermont.
Framingham State is now 2-2 and 0-1 in Conference.
Castleton is also 2-2
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Spartans scored quickly in the first when Kaitlin Bardellini scored 41 ticks in to go up 1-0. Later in the first Harris scored her first of the game. Amelie Steinel added a score in the 12th minute and Harris registered her second of the quarter to send put the hosts up 4-0 after 1.
- The Spartans scored twice in the second and third and added one more in the fourth quarter to reach the 9-0 marker.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Zoe Martin made six saves in the shut-out win for Castleton.
- Angelina Barrett made two saves before giving way to Kaitlin Loughlin who made two more in goal for the Rams.
- The Rams were led on offense by Abby Clark who took six shots, three of them on net.
- Both teams took 14 shots a piece with the Rams leading the penalty corner count 4-to-2.
- The Rams continue Little East action on Saturday, September 17, when they host Plymouth State at 2 p.m.