By Framingham State athletics
FRANKLIN – The Framingham State University volleyball team recorded a pair of victories Saturday afternoon defeating Dean College 3-0 and then closing the day with a 3-0 victory over Lesley University at Pieri Gymnasium in Franklin.
Framingham State 3, Dean 0 (25-19, 25-16, 25-15)
Framingham State 3, Lesley 0 (25-2, 25-2, 25-2)
Framingham State is now 2-1 this season.
Dean College is now 0-2 to start the season.
Lesley is now 0-1.
MATCH 1: Framingham State 3, Dean 0
- The Rams took their opening match of the day by scores of 25-19, 25-16 and 25-15.
- The Rams were paced on the attack in the match by Anna Szymanski who collected 17 kills on 34 attempts with just one error for a .471 attack percentage. Szymanski added six digs and three assists.
- Hailey Sanders chipped in with 11 kills on 22 swings for a .455 hitting percentage, while also adding four blocks.
- Malia Shields and Isabel Henwood paced the backrow effort for the Rams with Shields recording 12 digs and four aces and Henwood adding 11 digs and 13 set assists.
- Stella Bailey chipped in with 19 assists, four aces and nine digs in the match.
MATCH 2: Framingham State 3, Lesley 0
- The Rams cruised to the straight set victory over Lesley by scores of 25-2 in each set.
- Syzmanski led the way once again with six kills, while Kate Petrosso added four kills and Eda Lindstrom chipped in with two.
- Mya Jones tallied six aces in the match for the Rams, while Lidstrom added four.
The Rams are back in action on Tuesday night when they travel to Emmanuel at 7 p.m.