By Framingham State athletics
WELLESLEY – The Framingham State field hockey team dropped the opening game of their 2022 season to Wellesley College by a score of 5-0 Thursday evening in Wellesley.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue opened up the scoring in the 2nd minute when Rose Weseley scored her first goal of the season off a pass from Keller Gardner.
- Wellesley added a goal late in the first quarter on a Cassidy Bovello score with Penny Juarez assisting.
- After a scoreless second quarter the hosts pushed their lead to 3-0 when Keller Gardner converted with help from Ceci Miller.
- The hosts scored two goals in the final minute to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kyra Deehr-Lewis made three stops in the shutout win for Wellesley.
- Angelina Barrett made five saves in her first collegiate action in goal for the Rams.
- The hosts outshot FSU by a 16-to-3 mark and led 9-to-1 in penalty corner opportunities.
The Rams return to the field on Tuesday, September 6, when they travel to Regis for a 4 p.m. non-conference matchup.