By Framingham State athletics
WESTFIELD – The sixth seed Framingham State University baseball team saw their season end with a 7-0 loss Thursday afternoon to third seed Mass. Maritime in an opening round game of the Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Baseball Tournament at Hagan Field in Westfield
With the win, Mass Maritime improves to 23-15.
Framingham State ends its season at 112-27 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Mass Maritime struck for three runs in the bottom of the third inning as A.J. Pietrafasa singled to lead off the inning, was sacrificed to second, and scored on AJ Luciano’s single to center. Luciano scored on Zach Sylivia’s sac fly to right field, and then Brett Velzis delivered a solid single to right to plate the final run of the inning.
- The Bucs added four more in the bottom of the fifth including a three-run homer from Velzis to open up a 7-0 lead.
- Mass Maritime starter Justin Brown went seven innings allowing five hits with three walks and three strikeouts. The Rams threatened in the top of the first and second with a pair of runners on in each inning, but Brown was able to work out of each inning without allowing a run.
- Vincent LoGuidice took the loss on the hill for the Rams going four and two thirds, allowing seven earned runs on seven hits with a strikeout. Cameron Prescott and Teaghin Andre combined for three and a third innings of scoreless relief allowing just three hits.
- Robert Johnston and Ryan Boyle recorded two hits apiece for the Rams in the game.