By Framingham State athletics
WESTFIELD – The Framingham State University baseball team tallied seven runs but they fell to the Westfield State Owls 19-7 in Massachusetts State Collegiate Conference (MASCAC) baseball action Friday in Westfield.
With the loss, Framingham State drops to 9-22 overall.
With the win, the Owls improve to 11-5 in the Conference and 20-12 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Owls got on the board first with a collective three runs in the bottom of the first inning.
- Westfield added a pair of runs in the bottom of the second pushing the advantage 5-0.
- The Owls added seven more in the fourth pushing the advantage 12-0.
- The Rams got on the board with three in the top of the sixth inning on a two RBI triple from Cam Gilroy followed by him scoring off a wild pitch for the 18-3 score.
- The Rams crossed the plate four more times within the seventh and eighth inning cutting the deficit to 19-7 for the final game score.
- Vincent LoGuidice, Jacob Gorman, Kyle Pucci, Jorgell Diaz, and Nathan Labonte all saw action on the mound for the Rams while Nate Langmeier, Billy Casey, Alexander Canzellarini, and Colton Vasseur all made appearances on the mount for the Owls going six innings in relief.
- Gilroy finished the game 4-for-4 for the Rams, while Joseph Fasolino, Lucas Basil, Jeremy Kelly, Steven Burbank and Robert Johnston all recorded hits for the Rams in the loss.
UP NEXT: The Rams will face off against the Westfield State Owls once again in doubleheader MASCAC action on Saturday starting at 1 p.m.