By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University baseball team was defeated 15-10 Sunday afternoon by Bridgewater State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Bowditch Field.
With the win the Bears remain undefeated. Bridgewater State is 6-0 in the Conference.
With the loss, Framingham State drops to 1-5 in the Conference and 5-14 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board in the bottom of the first. Ryan Boyle plated a run with a single up the middle and Lucas Basile singled down the leftfield line scoring Boyle.
- The Bears sent 13 men to the plate in the top of the second inning and scored nine runs. Scott Emerson and Jay Wladkowski each drove in two runs with singles and the Bears capitalized on a Ram error to score two more.
- Wladkowski added an RBI single for the Bears in the top of the third.
- Boyle delivered a solo homerun to right in the bottom of the third making it a 10-3 game.
- Each team added a single run in the fourth and the Bears added another in the top of the fifth making it 12-4.
- The Rams crossed the plate five times in the bottom of the fifth, cutting the deficit to 12-9. Ethan Moniz struck first with a two run single up the middle. Cam Gilroy followed with an RBI double to left and Kevin Girardin capped the inning with a two run double to right.
- The Bears added single runs in the sixth, seventh and ninth to cap their scoring in the game and the Rams added a single run in the bottom of the sixth to account for their final run of the game.
- Boyle finished the game 4-for-5 at the plate with two RBI and three runs scored, while Girardin finished the game 1-for-2 with three RBI. Basile and Moniz each drove in a pair of runs.
- Wladkowski finished the game with two hits, three runs scored and three RBI, while Emerson finished the game 3-for-6 with two runs scored and two RBI.
- Cameron Breault earned the win going two innings in relief, while Jack Foley took the loss for the Rams.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Tuesday when they travel to Lasell at 7 p.m., while the Bears host Suffolk on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.