By Framingham State athletics
WESTON – The Framingham State University women’s track and field team placed fourth Friday afternoon with 66 overall points at the 2022 Regis Classic Track and Field Meet hosted by Regis College in Weston
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Emily Newcomb captured first place in the 800M finishing in a time of 2:34.71, while Ashley Fenton and Kammarie Pelland were also in the top ten at seventh and tenth with times of 2:54.76 and 2:55.52.
- Newcomb was the Rams top finisher in the 400M where she placed second with a time of 1:05.34. Elizabeth Dykstra crossed third in the event at 1:06.13, while Leah Chace crossed fifth at 1:07.58.
- Lauren Hunter was the Rams top finisher in the 100M and 200M with times of 16.45 seconds and 36.1.
- Patrice Haney took the top spot in the triple jump with a leap of 9.43M and grabbed fifth spot in the long jump at 4.38M.
- Amanda Bedard placed second in the 5,000M run with a time of 21:47, while Becca Morris finished fifth in the 400M hurdles.
- In the throwing events, Alyssa Caputo had a strong day for the Rams placing 3rd in the shot put and seventh in the discus, while Kaylee Beck finished fifth in the shot and ninth in the discus.
- Beck was the Rams top finisher in the hammer with a throw of 28.95M, while Caputo finished six in the javelin at 25.83M and Hunter finished eighth at 23.38M.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action today, April 9, when they travel to Fitchburg State for the Jim Sheehan Memorial Invitational.