By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team opened league play Friday evening with a 17-2 victory over Salem State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
The Rams with the win are undefeated in Conference play at 1-0 and 3-5 overall.
Framingham State Vikings sink to 2-5 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hannah Guerin had a huge game for the Rams offensively as she tallied a game-high five goals and added four helpers to go along with three ground balls.
- Regan Fein chipped in with two goals and two assists for the Rams, while Kathryn Simpson added three markers and a helper.
- Lead Green added three goals and three ground balls, while Rachel Erickson and Tara Palermo each finished the game with a goal and a helper, while Madison Skiff tallied a goal and two assists.
- Madelynn Plourde and Suzanne Stefanic each tallied goals for the Vikings who were outshot 32-5 in the game.
- Kaia Hollingsworth took the loss in goal for the Vikings, but made six stops.
- Alexis Burleigh earned the win between the pipes for the Rams and made three stops.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Wednesday when they host MIT at 7 p.m., while the Vikings host UMass Dartmouth on Tuesday at 7 p.m.