By Framingham State athletics
BUZZARDS BAY – The Framingham State University baseball team tallied a pair of runs in the top of the eighth inning to come from behind and defeat Massachusetts Maritime Academy 6-5 Friday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Hendy Field.
With the victory, Framingham State is now 1-0 in the Conference and improves to 4-9 overall.
With the loss, Mass Maritime drops to 7-9 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams grabbed the early on a solo homer from Ryan Boyle in the top of the first inning.
- The Bucs tied the game in the bottom of the second inning when they capitalized on a Rams fielding error.
- The Rams scored three in the top of third taking a 4-1 lead. Ethan Moniz plated a pair of runs with a double to leftfield and Boyle plated a run with a single down the right field line.
- The Bucs got a single run back in the bottom of the sixth and then took a 5-4 lead with three runs in the seventh.
- The Rams rallied for a pair of runs in the top of the eighth to take the lead for good. Boyle once again delivered with an RBI triple and Kennedy Wilson added an RBI single scoring Boyle
- Scott Nosky started for the Rams but did not factor in the decision. Nosky went six and a third allowing five runs, four earned, on 12 hits with four strikeouts and no walks.
- Teaghin Andre earned the victory in relief tossing a scoreless inning and two thirds while allowing just two hits with four strikeouts.
- Aidan Abernathy earned his first save of the season tossing a scoreless ninth inning allowing just one hit.
- Boyle finished the game 3-for-4 with two runs scored, a homer, a triple and three RBI.
UP NEXT: The Rams and the Bucs square off again tomorrow in Framingham for a MASCAC doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m.