By Framingham State athletics
BOSTON – The Framingham State University baseball team was defeated 10-1 on the road Monday afternoon by the University of Massachusetts Boston in non-conference action this afternoon at Monan Park in Boston
It was the season opener for UMass Boston.
Framingham State is still looking for its first victory and is 0-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Beacons got on the board with a pair of runs in the bottom of the first and added a single run in the bottom of the third before using a five run fourth opening up an 8-0 lead.
- UMass Boston added two more in the bottom of the sixth to account for their final runs of the contest.
- The Rams got on the board in the top of the seventh with their only run of the game. The Rams loaded the bases and Cam Gilroy was hit by a pitch forcing in Joseph Fasolino from third.
- Anthony Panza took the loss on the hill for the Rams going three innings allowing three earned runs on three hits with four walks and four strikeouts. Ryan Morry and Kyle Pucci each tossed a scoreless inning of relief to close the game for the Rams.
- Chris Iannetta, Fasolino, Matthew Shaver, Lucas Basile and Jeremy Kelly all recorded hist for the Rams in the setback.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Wednesday when they travel to Salve Regina for a non-league game at 2 p.m.