By Framingham State athletics
NEW BEDFORD – The visiting Framingham State Rams scored with just over three minutes in regulation to force overtime and Dylan Marty buried the game-winner in the third minute of overtime to give the Rams their first MASCAC victory of the season.
Framingham State won 3-2.
The rams improve to 2-13 overall and 1-9 in the Conference.
UMass Dartmouth drops to 8-8-1 overall and 5-5-1 in the Conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got off to a hot start when Bryan Whelan scored the game’s first goal just around three minutes into the contest.
- The Corsairs answered in the 18th minute when Derek Britner finished off a Kroon Melker setup to send the two team into the first intermission tied at 1.
- UMassD scored the lone second period goal about five minutes in when Kai Kapossy converted on the power play to give the hosts the lead.
- In the 17th minutes of the third Ethan Cervonayco squeaked in a shot off assists from Jacob Garman and Luca Olivo to knot the game at two.
- That set up Marty’s game-winner in the 3-on-3 overtime with Brian Kozek assisting.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Corsairs held a heavy edge in shots on the evening with a 55-to-22 mark.
- The visiting Rams were 0-for-3 on the powerplay while the Corsiars were 1-for-4 on the man advantage.
- Blake Carlson made an impressive 48 saves in the win for the Rams. Chris Stangarone turned away 19 Rams attempts in the loss
UP NEXT: The Rams will host Fitchburg State on Saturday at 12:50 p.m. at Loring Arena.
Prior to the contest the Rams will honor their 2022 senior class.