1 Major snowstorm is forecasted for tonight and all day Saturday, that could bring 1 to 2 feet of snow.
2. Thirty-six years ago on January 28, the Space Shuttle Challenger blasted into space with a mission to deploy a communications satellite and study Halley’s Comet while they were in orbit. On board as part of the crew was the first teacher in space Christa Corrigan McAuliffe.
Just 73 seconds into its flight, the shuttle exploded, killing all seven crew members aboard.
Christa Corrigan McAuliffe grew up in Framingham. She was a Girl Scout, graduated from the former Marian High School and then Framingham State College.
The library branch and a charter school is named after her in the City of Framingham.
3. Today the Christa McAuliffe Library branch will hold a moment of silence to honor Christa from 11:39 to 11:40 a.m.
5. FLYERS in action:
- Girls ice hockey has an away game against Weymouth at 3:30 p.m.
- Boys ice hockey hosts Weymouth at 3:45 p.m.
- Framinghm basketball hosts Weymouth at 6:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball has an away game against Weymouth at 6:30 p.m.
- Gymnastics has an away game meet against Brookline at 6.