By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Plymouth State University field hockey team scored twice in the third quarter to defeat Framingham State in LEC action Saturday afternoon, September 18.
Plymouth State is now 4-1 on the season.
Framingham State is now 2-2 on the season and 0-2 in the League.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After playing a scoreless 36 minutes the Panthers broke through in the 37th minute when Holly Temple scored an unassisted goal.
- A few minutes later Taylor Healey scored off an assist from Natalie Perry and that’s all the Panthers would need.
- The Panthers paced most of the contest as they took 14 shots. The Rams were held to one attempt in each quarter.
- Grace Pushor made seven saves for the Rams
- Kayla Antonucci turned away three attempts in the shutout win for Plymouth
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the field a week from today when they travel to Salem State for LEC action at 11 a.m.