Photo & press release submitted to SOURCE media
FRAMINGHAM – On Saturday, September 18, members of Keep Framingham Beautiful invite everyone to participate in World Cleanup Day.
The groups goal is to 50-plus folks picking up 100-plus bags of litter on September 18, with each person posting pictures of their progress to our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/keepframinghambeautiful
ORGANIZED CLEANUPS: Our team will be hosting 3 clean ups. Meet at the specified times / locations and find our teams leads wearing their bright KFB shirts.
1. 7:30am – Framingham High School – Meet at Winch Park (115 A Street)
2. 8:30am – Butterworth Park – Meet near corner of Arthur St. and Bishop St.
2. 10am – Downtown Cleanup – Meet at ātac: downtown arts + music (160 Hollis Street)
DO A CLEANUP OF YOUR OWN:
1. Choose any location and pick up litter for as long as you like. Anywhere you see trash is a viable cleanup spot, as long as you can do so SAFELY.
2. Please post a picture of your progress to our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/keepframinghambeautiful
SELF ORGANIZE: We also encourage folks to self organize into small groups (at a safe social distance) as this can be fun and will allow you to make a bigger impact. A few suggestions:
1. Make this a family activity with your spouse, children, etc.
2. Coordinate with neighbors to collectively do a thorough cleanup of your neighborhood.
3. Meet up with some friends at a park or school and clean it up together.
4. Reach out to folks on our Facebook group to see if others want to help you with a particular area: www.facebook.com/groups/keepframinghambeautiful
1. We expect that most folks will find a small/medium amount of trash that they can dispose of in their own curbside trash barrel or a public barrel/dumpster that they come across.
2. That said, if you are targeting an area with more trash than you can deal with please send us an email and we can likely help with disposal: KeepFraminghamBeautiful@gmail.com
Full details and sign up on the groups website: www.KeepFraminghamBeautiful.org
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email: KeepFraminghamBeautiful@gmail.com