1 Temperatures today should be in the low 80s.
Two of the City’s three beaches are still close due to high bacteria counts. Learned’s Pond beach is open today from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. for residents only.
2. Mayor Yvonne Spicer held a public hearing last night to raise the water/sewer rates by 9.7%. The new increase begins July 1.
3. The Framingham Strategic Initiatives and Financial Oversight Committee is hosting a summit today on the American Rescue, federal funding, coming to the City. The City is expected to receive almost $28 million in funding. The summit is at 5 p.m. in the Blumer Room at the Memorial Building. The public an attend or the public can watch remotely via Zoom and Facebook Live on the city page. Mayor Yvonne Spicer has been invited to attend as well as members of the City’s legislative branch of government, the City Council, and members of the School Committee.
4. OTHER CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham retirement Board at 10 a.m.
- Framingham SIFOC Summit at 5 p.m.
- Framingham City Council appointments subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham City Council finance subcommittee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Traffic Commission at 7 p.m.
Mayor Yvonne Spicer’s public schedule shows no public events today, but she is anticipated to attend the SIFOC Summit.
5. Today is the last day of school for many Framingham Public School students. Enjoy your summer.
BONUS: SOURCE has three interns this summer and has openings for two more interns. If anyone in high school or college is interested in interning in journalism or photography (or video) please email editor@FraminghamSource.com
Check out the work of the three interns thus fare:
Grace Mayer, a Boston College student
Nick Barry, a Westfield State University student
Talia Heisey, a UMass Amherst student