Last updated at 9:48 p.m. with quotes from deputy fire chief
FRAMINGHAM – Framingham firefighters extinguishes a small basement fire on Hollis Street tonight, November 28.
The call came in for 64 Hollis Street at 6:40 p.m. said Framingham Deputy Fire Chief Jim Jim Ahearn.
Engine 3, ladder 3, engine 1m rescue 1, and car 2 responded to the electrical fire.
The fire was contained to the basement, said the Deputy Fire Chief.
He said the sprinkler system and concrete walls, and a poured concrete floor above kept the fire from spreading,
No one was displaced by the fire. 64 Hollis Street is a multi-family building.
No one was injured, said Deputy Fire Chief Ahearn.
The fire was “completely accidental,” said the deputy fire chief.
It was caused by overheated electrical system, said Deputy Fire Chief Ahearn.
“There were like 10 things plugged into one outlet,” said Deputy Fire Chief Ahearn.