VIDEO: 2 Adults Displaced in Nobscot House Fire; Firefighters Rescue 2 Dogs
First posted at 8:22 p.m. Upload with video at 8:33 p.m. Last updated at 11:27 p.m.
FRAMINGHAM – Two adults were displaced in a house fire in Nobscot Saturday night, November 21.
The call came in just after 8 p.m. for 555 Potter Road.
Deputy Fire Chief Kurt O’Rouke said the single-alarm fire started with a fire pit in the backyard.
Engine 7, Engine 2, Tower 1, Rescue 1 and Engine 1 responded to the fire.
Engine 7 was first on the scene and discovered smoke coming from the house and fire in the rear of the house, said the deputy fire chief.
The fire started in the backyard and then extended to the house, said the deputy fire chief.
Firefighters found no fire on the first floor of the ranch house, but the fire had climbed to the attic from outside, said Deputy Chief O’Rourke.
Neighbors called 9-1-1 about the fire. The homeowners were home when the fire started, and got out safely.
Firefighters searched and found both the family dogs, explained Deputy Chief O’Rourke.
The home is not livable at this time, due to water and smoke damage.
The 2 adults displaced had someplace to stay tonight and neighbors are already organizing to help them.
Deputy Chief O’Rourke estimated $60,000 to $75,000 worth of damage.
The fire started with a fire pit in the back yard. The fire pit was left unattended for a bit and the fire got away from the pit, said the deputy chief.
No firefighters were injured.
Sudbury, Wayland, and Ashland covered Framingham stations while firefighters were at the fire.
VIDEO COURTESY OF SOURCE READER