1 Today is the 4th annual MetroWest Conference for Women. It is being held virtually this year due to the pandemic.
2. Today is Constitution Day.
The Commission’s report includes specific recommendations for advancing a proposed amendment to the US Constitution to protect the voice and representation of all Americans by regulating and limiting concentrated money in elections.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted):
- Framingham School Committee: Buildings & Grounds Subcommittee at 5 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Ordinance & Rules Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
At-large City Councilors George P. King jr. and Janet Leombruno will hold office hour today from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Framingham Centre Common. They also plan to Facebook live the hour.
4. A drive-thru free COVID testing site is available for all residents at Staples HQ in Framingham from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is a walk-up free testing site at Amazing Things on Hollis Street from 3 to 6 p.m.
5.The Framingham Public Library’s Lifelong Learning Lecture features Amy Finstein at 7 p.m. for a lecture about the 100 years of the Bauhaus
design and craftsmanship and she will discuss local examples. This is the second lecture in our fall series. A partnership between the Library and Framingham State University. The program will be on Zoom.