Press release submitted to SOURCE media
ASHLAND – Each year the Ashland Cultural Council, under the guidance of the Massachusetts Cultural Council awards grants to qualified applicants. These grants can support a variety of artistic projects and activities in Ashland, including exhibits, festivals, field trips, performances in schools, workshops and lectures.
In the recent past the Ashland Cultural Council has sponsored several activities around town, including the Dragonfly Festival, the Mystery Book festival, events organized by the Friends of the Ashland Public library, the Ashland High School Robotics club, items for the Art room at the Warren School, Ashland Middle School, and many others.
The Ashland Cultural Council believes that the arts enrich our community, and additionally focus on arts in our school system will help our children blossom into well rounded individuals.
This years’ application timelines for the grant process for the 2020-21 year is as follows.
Please note that there are several changes to dates from the previous years.
• On October 1, 2020 the online application opens.
• Between October 1 and the deadline, applicants will access the online system to complete and submit applications. A link to the application system can be found under the “Apply Now” tab for every council profile. Users will be prompted to create an account for the online application system. Once logged in, users can begin to complete their form online. Once the application is complete, it can be saved and submitted to the chosen council. Users will receive a confirmation email notifying them that their application has been submitted successfully. Applicants can still apply to more than one council.
• Grant applications must be submitted to the LCC through the online system by the deadline, November 16, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time.
• In December 2020, the council will hold voting meetings to make decisions on applications, send denial letters, and handle reconsideration requests.
• By January/February 2021, councils will have submitted their Annual Report to Mass Cultural Council, and will begin to notify applicants.
Complete information and FAQ’s can be accessed here – https://www.mass-culture.org/lcc_public_applicant_process.aspx
Complete information about the Ashland Cultural Council and Council priorities can be accessed here – xhttps://www.ashlandmass.com/236/Ashland-Cultural-Council
“During these difficult times, art is an antidote to our community’s well-being,” said Visi Tilak, an outgoing Ashland Cultural Council member. “The Ashland Cultural Council, continues to look for diverse grant applications from Ashland and surrounding areas that can add to the rich culture of our
community. While there are several talented artists in and around Ashland, the hope is that we learn more about these artists and their work, while the artists in return edify the Ashland community about their line of art/culture.
The Ashland Cultural Council was created to promote the arts and to develop programs for the local community. A volunteer run organization, the goal of the Ashland Cultural Council is to encourage arts and arts education in the town of Ashland.
The mission of the Ashland Cultural Council is to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences, in order to improve the quality of life for all Ashland residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of our community. The Ashland Cultural Council
distributes Massachusetts Cultural Council grants funds to arts, humanities, and interpretive science projects in our town.
ACC’s cultural projects take place in schools, community centers, libraries, elder care facilities, town halls, parks, and wherever communities come together. If anyone is interested in joining the ACC kindly fill out the Talent Bank form on the town website.
More information about the ACC is on the website at
Photo courtesy of the Ashland Cultural Council’s facebook page