1 Today kicks off National Hispanic and LatinX Heritage Month. The month goes from September 15 through October 15.
2. The Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women is reaching out to parents and caregivers across the Commonwealth to hear directly about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting them. Recent reports indicate that child care and education access is diminishing opportunities and creating additional challenges for women.The Commission will hold a virtual public hearing on child care tonight starting at 6.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted):
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m. The Council is expected to take a vote to override the Mayor’s veto of the 9-month apartment moratorium.
4. A drive-thru free COVID testing site at Staples HQ in Framingham opened last week and is free to anyone today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is a walk-up free testing site at Amazing Things on Hollis Street from 3 to 6 p.m.
5. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer, will hold a community Zoom hour from 5 to 6 p.m. on the 2020 census and on board & commission appointments..