1 The MIAA COVID-19 Task Force has set a tentative calendar for the playing of high school sports for the 2020-2021 school year. The calendar will be sent to the MIAA board of directors on Wednesday for approval. The fall sports season will start on September 14, with some sports being allowed to play. No football. Recommended sports are boys & girls soccer, boys & girls cross-country, Fall Gymnastics, Field Hockey, girls Volleyball, Golf, and Swim & Dive. That season will run through November 20.
2. The Framingham Public Library will host a LEGO Zoom challenge at 11 a.m. today. Join your children’s librarians as they pose some live Lego challenges. We will be able to talk, create, inspire and share our creations with one another. Starting August 3rd you will be able to pickup bags of Legos, all the same weight, for this event at either library. Once the event is over, the Legos are yours to keep creating with! Call the library to arrange pickup of your official bag of Legos for the challenge. Email McAuliffeChildrensRoom@gmail.com for an invite to the Zoom event.
3. City of Framingham meetings (all meetings will be held remotely unless noted):
- Framingham City Council at 7 p.m. There is a closed executive session meeting starting at 6:15 p.m.
- School Committee: Unit A, S & T Subcommittee – Executive Session – closed to the public.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events. For the first time in weeks, the Mayor will not hold a Zoom community hour today. It is unknown if she will attend the City Council meeting tonight, but unlikely.
5. Book discussion tonight at 7.
The Mothers meets An American Marriage in this dazzling debut novel about mothers and daughters, identity and family, and how the relationships that sustain you can also be the ones that consume you. The Butler family has had their share of trials, but nothing prepared them for the literal trial that will upend their lives. Althea, the eldest sister and substitute matriarch, is a force to be reckoned with and her younger sisters have alternately appreciated and chafed at her strong will. They are as stunned as the rest of the small community when she and her husband Proctor are arrested, and in a heartbeat the family goes from one of the most respected in town to utter disgrace. As Althea awaits her fate, Lillian and Viola must come together in the house they grew up in to care for their sister’s teenage daughters. What unfolds is a stunning portrait of the heart and core of an American family in a story that is as page-turning as it is important.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to join.