The following is a press release.
FRAMINGHAM – Staples US Retail today, July 24, announced a new policy, effective July 27, requiring that, in addition to store associates, all customers* must wear a face covering to enter a Staples store.
Committed to supporting customers as they work and learn, Staples has made adjustments both to the merchandising assortment and the in-store shopping experience to provide essential products and protocols for healthy and safe working and learning environments.
“As an essential retailer, Staples knows our customers have been relying on our products and services to run their businesses and work and learn from home effectively. Today, we are asking our customers to help protect themselves and those around them so that we can continue to provide these essential products and services,” said Mike Motz, CEO, Staples US Retail. “This is a busy season for many Americans as they stock up on critical learning supplies, to use at home or in the classroom. Staples will continue to ensure we are in stock on necessary PPE while maintaining a clean and healthy shopping experience, no matter how you choose to shop.”
Products Staples sells to keep working and learning spaces clean:
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes
- Disposable and Reusable Masks, for children and adults
- Full range of PPE, including Thermometers, Gloves and Face Shields
- Sneeze guards, signage and tape for social distancing
A healthy and safe shopping environment
In addition to requiring face coverings, Staples is committed to supporting a healthy and safe shopping environment and will continue to reinforce the following:
- The installment of register shields in all stores
- Mandatory wellness checks for all associates at the beginning of their shifts
- Limiting store occupancy and instructing associates to comply with social distancing recommendations
- Safe and healthy ways to shop: Curbside Pick-up, Same Day Delivery through Instacart, Buy Online and Pick-Up In-Store and Free Next Day Delivery
- First open hour of every Monday and Friday is for seniors and customers with underlying health issues
*unless exempted due to age or a medical condition.